2017 Honda CB500F
Call for Price
The Biggest Value in the 500 Class.
Everyone’s looking for the one motorcycle that can do it all—that you can start out on, that fits a wide variety of riders, that can take you to work, school, or on a weekend ride. Used to be there were tons of bikes in this “standard” class. Not so many these days. But here’s the good news: The Honda CB500F is probably the best do-it-all middle-displacement streetbike around.
Big surprise—Honda revolutionized the world of motorcycling with their midsized twins a generation ago. And here’s the intel on the latest members of the family. With its minimal bodywork, a classic riding position, and a 30.9-inch seat height that fits a wide range of riders, the CB500F is going to suit just about any rider. It has a powerful twin-cylinder engine and a wide, user-friendly powerband. It’s a great bike to start out on, or to come back to, or to just ride forever. It embraces the best of motorcycling, and doesn’t get sidetracked with too much flavor-of-the-week design. You want an authentic ride? It just doesn’t get any better than a CB500F.
Let's Get Started: If you're curious about riding, our Learn To Ride site is just what you need. We’ll guide you along every step of the way, telling you what to expect. Helping you find and schedule training. Getting gear. Figuring out which bike is right for you. And what to expect at the dealer.
Classic Riding Position: You’ll appreciate the CB500F’s classic riding position—you can sit up straighter, without supporting your weight on your arms. It’s a great choice when you’re riding around town or commuting, and you can always tuck in tighter when you want to. Your passenger may find it more comfortable, too.
Timeless Styling: Check out the CB500F’s LED headlight, and then start working your way back. The CB500F embraces the concept of minimal bodywork, but fits right in with what a modern motorcycle should look like. It’s not pretending to be anything but a great contemporary bike.
Details, Details, Details: An adjustable front-brake lever, great shift feel, a crisp exhaust note—the CB500F concentrates on the basics, then works extra hard to get them perfect.
- LED Headlight: The CB500F’s LED headlight gives the front end a cutting-edge look and also projects plenty of light on the road for visibility.
- Digital Instrumentation: A full LCD blue-tinted screen features a digital speedometer and tachometer and more, including a clock, odometer, trip meter, real-time and average fuel consumption meters, and illuminated engine diagnostic indicators.
- Cast Wheels: Strong and stylish, the CB500F’s 12-spoke cast-aluminum wheels are easy to keep clean, look great, and are another CB500F feature that just makes sense.
- Unique Style: Less is more when it comes to the CB500F. With its classic, clean, progressive style, the CB500F is a motorcycle that looks great while still providing incredible value and performance.
- Step Seat: The CB500F offers a step seat with a low height. Perfect for around-town riding or out in the canyons, it also offers plenty of room for a passenger and is specially designed to fit a wide range of riders.
- Steel-Tube Frame: A motorcycle’s frame is the basis for its handling. A take on a classic construction, the CB500F’s diamond-shaped 35mm steel-tube mainframe ties to the engine with four mounts, offering a rock-solid foundation for a superior ride and handling.
- DOHC Twin-Cylinder Engine: Honda twins are famous for their versatility, and the CB500F engine is one of our best ever. Using the same piston bore size as our CBR600RR sportbike, the parallel-twin engine offers accessible performance across all RPM ranges.
- Pro-Link® Rear Suspension: A sophisticated chassis with Honda Pro-Link rear suspension, nine-stage preload, and 4.7 inches of travel give you a comfortable ride over small bumps, while capably absorbing bigger bumps to increase riding comfort and handling.
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS): Available ABS on the CB500F helps you make smoother, more controlled stops under less-than-ideal conditions.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI): Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) continuously monitors several variables to ensure the correct fuel mixture is delivered for the existing riding and atmospheric conditions for crisp throttle response throughout a wide variety of riding conditions.
- Disc Brakes: The front 320mm wave-style disc brake and 240mm rear provide strong stopping power.
- Rear Grips: Sturdy rear passenger grips offer a firm handhold for your passenger or tie-down points for smaller items.
- Trim Exhaust: The CB500F’s compact exhaust system is a perfect example of the bike’s overall philosophy. It’s compact, it looks great, and it sounds awesome too, with a crisp exhaust note you’re going to love.
- Engine Type: 471cc Liquid-Cooled Parallel-Twin
- Bore And Stroke: 67.0 mm x 66.8 mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.7:1
- Induction: PGM-FI with 34 mm throttle bodies
- Ignition: Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final Drive: O-ring-sealed chain
- Front Suspension: 41 mm fork; 4.3 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link® single shock with nine-position spring preload adjustability; 4.7 in. travel
- Front Brake: Twin-piston caliper with single 320 mm wave disc
- Rear Brake: Single-caliper 240 mm wave disc
- Front Tire: 120/70-17
- Rear Tire: 160/60-17
- Rake: 25.5 deg. (caster angle)
- Trail: 102 mm (4.01 in.)
- Wheelbase: 55.5 in.
- Seat Height: 30.7 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 4.4 gal.
- Curb Weight: 414.4 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel - ready to ride)
- Model ID: CB500F
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. Models sold in California meet current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Red
- Engine Type
- Bore and Stroke
- 67.0 mm x 66.8 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI with 34 mm throttle bodies
- Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Final Drive
- O-ring-sealed chain
- Front Suspension
- 41 mm fork; 4.3 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link® single shock with nine-position spring preload adjustability; 4.7 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Twin-piston caliper with single 320 mm wave disc
- Rear Brakes
- Single-caliper 240 mm wave disc
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 55.5 in.
- Seat Height
- 30.7 in.
- 25.5 deg.
- 102 mm (4.01 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.4 gal.
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 414.4 lb.